Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The New (Official) Operation: American Spring Forum

The New (Official) Operation: American Spring Forum

As the group is growing very fast, it is necessary for Operation American Spring to have it's own forum on an Internet platform that will grow as we do. The Ning website has done an admirable job of serving Patriots of America's needs over the years but now we need to plan for a greater influx of members needing specific information regarding the event. We believe this new website and forum will fulfill those needs.

The Ning website and forum will continue it's mission in holding PFA business and to act as a repository for the huge volume of information on Patriots of America and some of the earlier planning information for Operation American Spring. In total, it is all necessary to make this operation a success. It remains linked in the right column of this website.

For up to date information on Operation American Spring and organizational planning, this forum is the place to go. Chat is available again on the PFA website. There is no chat feature here.

I hope this clears up some of the confusion of having two different websites, including two forums.
    Last edited by rawiley; 02-03-2014 at 10:10 PM.

And we also have a new home page that now sets under the Internet Domain name of http://OperationAmericanSpring.org.
    That's right folks, Operation American Spring now has an official home page and an internet web site all it's own. There may not be a whole lot of stuff up there yet, and that set of pages will mostly remain a static set of pages, (meaning you can't go in and enter or post anything) but you will find some important items there non the less. That OAS home page links directly to this forum, so check it out.

What about a chat room? JMHO but chat gave us a reason,. a place to communicate, a place to ask questions, and a place to connect with other like minded people. I was welcoming new members in the previous site. I am now out of volunteer job and the other reason I came to this site was the connection via the chat. Feeling Lost in Nebraska....

Kelly, you are still able to welcome people here in the New Member forum. We want everyone to feel that they are contributing and felt that moving to a forum that is easier to find what you are looking for is very important. Chat room scripts are VERY server intensive. Early on in installing this forum I installed two scripts, one coming dangerously close to taking down the server. The other was less intensive but still drastically slowed down access to the server.

There are other issues with chat software, such as security, but the bottom line is that we have to prepare for a massive influx of membership. It is very important that we have a site that is able to accommodate many more people than the Ning site would have been able to handle. Sometimes tradeoffs must be made to insure the success of a mission. This, unfortunately, is one of those tradeoffs.

The sabotage or hacking by U.S. News with these ads causes concern. I will check back periodically to see if problem persist. This started with me earlier last week and I really don't need the aggravation or threats. My small group of guys will be there on May 16, 2014 regardless. Out!

Quote Originally Posted by One Star Patriot View Post
    The sabotage or hacking by U.S. News with these ads causes concern. I will check back periodically to see if problem persist. This started with me earlier last week and I really don't need the aggravation or threats. My small group of guys will be there on May 16, 2014 regardless. Out!
    I have implemented a more aggressive spam management system but there is no way to absolutely keep a determined spammer out of a forum. As long as you do not take any link that they provide in their posting, you have nothing to fear from it. I was here 16 hours on Monday and 17 hours on Tuesday. I have to sleep sometime and when I do, their posts/threads remain until I get up and at it the next morning. You think it's aggravation to you, you should experience forum life in my shoes for an hour or so. And, don't for one minute think that the spam campaign is just by dumb luck. I have never seen this level of spam starting on the day a forum opens.

I have access to a program written for the online sales people, but would work as well here. It uses the Excel program and converts to automatic tweeting. If you think this may be of help, let me know ASAP and I'll begin.

This would cause more people to see, for example: your invitation to join the group, specific links to online reports about what American Spring is doing, specific links to news that might cause someone to want to join American Spring.

The text, of course, would be limited to the tolerance of Twitter, but much can be accomplished with "bit.ly" (shortened link) direction.

Col - I have figured it out on my end (hopefully) and will take the proper steps. I also would not like to be in your boots (Ha Ha) since mine are being worn out also walking neighbor hoods getting the word out. We will succeed, because our cause is just. Continue to march because many prayers are offered for you daily and I for one am proud someone with the "nads" has stepped forward to lead this endeavor.

Quote Originally Posted by chollysfolly View Post
    I have access to a program written for the online sales people, but would work as well here. It uses the Excel program and converts to automatic tweeting. If you think this may be of help, let me know ASAP and I'll begin.

This would cause more people to see, for example: your invitation to join the group, specific links to online reports about what American Spring is doing, specific links to news that might cause someone to want to join American Spring.

The text, of course, would be limited to the tolerance of Twitter, but much can be accomplished with "bit.ly" (shortened link) direction.
    We have a script available to connect the forum with Twitter and Facebook, we just need time after the initial rush of people come over from the other forum, not to mention a few little bugs to be ironed out here on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by One Star Patriot View Post
    Col - I have figured it out on my end (hopefully) and will take the proper steps. I also would not like to be in your boots (Ha Ha) since mine are being worn out also walking neighbor hoods getting the word out. We will succeed, because our cause is just. Continue to march because many prayers are offered for you daily and I for one am proud someone with the "nads" has stepped forward to lead this endeavor.
    Glad to hear it. I would hate to be in my boots, as well. Oh, wait, I am in my boots...

And, just so you know, I'm not Colonel Riley. We have a similar last name but I was just an E4. Like you, I am a foot soldier in this effort proud to do what I can to make this effort a success.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast